4GB of RAM under Vista 64-bit. Gaming question! w3rd. p33p it. h4xorz 4 rlz. br0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
Specs in sig.

So, gaming question. Right now, with IE open with 2 tabs open, and Loveline streaming (Dr.Dru FTW!), 5 gadgets open, and Windows Dreamscene (I have Home Premium), I'm taking up 1443MB out of 4093MB and the load varies by core. For the people that know Vista, you know that Vista uses the RAM much more efficiently overtime, which is why it's using up so much idleing.

Now, when gaming, it goes JUST above 3GB, and the computer shows no sign of slow down, which is what I built this thing for.

Now, my question. With my available resources, even though they're all not used up 100%, does gaming take a performance hit by using up higher level RAM and not towards the bottom?

Or is their no difference between the computer using up around 2GB and it using near 4GB, aslong as it's not page fileing?

Hope this question came across clear, sort of hard to ask.

Thanks for the input...

Well I knew that, I just wasn't sure if a game having to use upper RAM, like 3.5GB or higher, would effect performance instead of it using 2.5 to 3GB.

I seriously can't stress enough how much of an improvment having 4GB of RAM is under Vista, probably for any OS that is. The amount of things you can have running and how much you can do at once is incredible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom