*** 4870 vs 4850 Battle! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
i could tell you exactly what kind of results they get.. lol

1920x1080 all enthusiast max motion blur i average above 30 fps ;) and peak at 60 dx10 of course

Actually, 2 768mb 9600 GSO's (basically 8800GTS's). And 35fps @ 16:10 @ high setting with 1 $65 card is pretty **** good if you ask me. Considering that it only has a 192 bit interface. These 9600's OC very well, easily 30%, could possibly get more if I volt modded. Dollar for dollar it has more performance than most if not all available cards.

Im building 2 more rigs in the very near future, 1 crossfire and another nvidia machine. When I step my cards up to the 260's Ill run 1 260 in each machine, new build and current rig. But just for kicks and giggles, Ill sli them on my current rig and see what kind of results I get.
As for the xfire rig, I might go with comething cheaper for the time being 3870's perhaps, then get 4870's when the 5xxx series come out, basically when the price is right :D.

**** you got a lot of money lying around :freak:

**** you got a lot of money lying around :freak:

Actually, I have a lot of parts lying around. :D And when I step up to the 260's they'll wind up cost me quite a bit less than they would new from newegg and such. I think theyll wind up costing me like $160 each shipped. When youve got DVD/cd drives, RAM, CPU's, HDD's laying around it makes it easier to build new rigs as all you really need is Mobos' and cases. And thats where ebay comes in, I got 2 mobos for $120 shipped and one came with a thermalright xp120 cpu cooler and a panaflo 120mm fan :D Im getting new cases for christmas so... they're free.

So all in all it'll wind up costing me $440 for 2 rigs and 2 pretty good video cards.

you've got dual 260s tho! mine doesn't suffer too bad... gets about 30-35fps on Enthusiast @ 1680x1050... but with 8800s you're gonna be in pain!!

ya imma have single 260 in a day or two ;)

i'm still wondering if i should sell this last 216 and go with a 280 or not.. i might just hold onto and save some dough for the 295

hold onto it until the shrink... it'll have plenty of power to play games with... you just wont be breaking any records...

I read that the 295's are not going to be anything special though. They are just a 280 beefed up a little. Is that true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom