*** 4870 vs 4850 Battle! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 4870 vs 4850 Battle!

Interesting. The price difference is about $50-100 depending on the card. So for 30% more cost you get ~10% more performance. I wonder how these stats would look at higher resolutions.

i'd bet they'd lean a little mor toward the 4870. nice thread guru.

If thats just 1 card then thats very impressive. Even if its 2 not a bad score for the 4850. As for the crysis bench, its not really that great IMO. I got 25.21avg/fps with a 768mb 9600 GSO. The card was Oc'd to 760/1080/1600. With no voltage increase required.

Which Crysis Warhead test?

My settings are CCC on balanced (not on performance which boosts a few frames), 1680x1050 ENTHUSIAST

The map was Ambush flythrough.

And are you referring to the 4xAA or 0xAA run

My settings are CCC on balanced (not on performance which boosts a few frames), 1680x1050 ENTHUSIAST

those results in Enthusiast @ 16x10 are very impressive... being able to hit over 20fps with 4xAA on a single card (the 4870 AND the 4850!! awesome!!) is quite a feat... nice work on that one gurusan!

It wasnt warhead just crysis, but from what Ive heard and read in several places, Warhead is optimized a little better than Crysis. Most people claim that you get better frame rates in Warhead.
I actually have my settings in the nvidia control panel set to quality. And it was 0xAA. If I could post a screenshot you'd see as its got the crysis benchmark, cpuz and gpuz open.

It wasnt warhead just crysis, but from what Ive heard and read in several places, Warhead is optimized a little better than Crysis. Most people claim that you get better frame rates in Warhead.
I actually have my settings in the nvidia control panel set to quality. And it was 0xAA. If I could post a screenshot you'd see as its got the crysis benchmark, cpuz and gpuz open.

is that in High or Very High?? and what res? what kinda rates did you get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom