4800+ OCing Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Hey everyone, I put my system together last night and I am OCing it today.

Currently I have gotten it up to 2806 or appox. 2.8 ghz

My question is what is the most volts I should be using? I am afraid I had to raise them really freakin high to get to this OC and I am wondering how much is too much for this particular setup.

With my Big Typhoon, heat has not really been quite as much of a factor but it is still getting up there. I have not seen it reach 50 yet running prime so that seems tollerable. it idles around 35-36 and commonly in prime is around 45.

Any thoughts, suggestions, comments? Thanks.

EDIT: Oh and how do you run two primes at once? aren't you supposed to do that for a dual core?

Ok well here is my dilema, I appear to be stable at 2.75ghz on 1.46 volts with prime rollin and a max temp of 45C

But I would really like to hit at least 2.8ghz. To do that and still stay stable I believe I was having to throw up about 1.6 volts and max temp of about 51C I believe.

Any suggestions anyone? I love speed and want to go as high as possible but it seems fairly stupid to go that much hotter, with that high of voltage just for a little over 50mhz lol.

p.s. thanx for that link pzero

Keep it at stock speeds for about one week before you overclock. You have to let the CPU burn in for a while and then you can use a lower voltage.

New questions, why isn't my video card temp being monitored? I am using MBM5 and it seems to be monitoring everything but that. Also what the heck is "PWMic"? It gets hot as heck for me, even when my cpu was still fine it went hotter than 70C setting off the MBM5 alarm.

Lastly why in the HECK can't I get into my bios? I was getting in fine, and I set all these settings that I like and want to keep and I can boot into windows fine but it won't let me into the bios. I don't want to clear my settings :( any idea why I just sit on a blank black screen after pressing delete to go into my bios? If something was too fast or hot shouldn't I not be able to go into windows and have everything work fine? WTF?!?! Sooooo annoying

Ok so I am using everest to monitor my vidcard temp, I managed to get back up to 2806 mhz on 1.47-9 vcore and have an idle temp of 28-31. I am on a 1/1 ratio with my ram but have the loose timings of 3-4-4-8.

Any suggestions before I toss this thing in my computer desk for a week to let it actually burn in? :)

EDIT: P.S. Why is it only Everest that is reading vidcard temps? Why does speedfan, MBM5, etc. all fail to recognize it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom