470/465 SLI Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
In this extreme crap I really don't normally have problems but this time I'm left scratching my head. As well all know, the first batch of 465s from MSI (GE), PoV, and Asus where all able to flash to 470 due to being a 470 simply with a 465 bios. In this case, the RAM was lower, the cores where 465 spec, and they simply had a 465 bios.

I'm trying to reverse this by putting a 465 bios on a 470 to make it a 465. I have done this, but it simply won't SLI because I think due to the extra cores not being locked. Now, the UD3R doesn't have native SLI support but I have a custom F8 bios that adds a SLI cert to enable SLI in 16/4 mode. I know it works because I have a friend who has SLI'd some 8800GTs on this board using the exact same bios (he sent it to me).

Here's my question. Anybody know how to lock them extra cores? I've been told by everyone that a simple flash to a 465 bios should make it literally a 465 by locking the extra stuff in software. Doesn't seem to be working for me unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom