3GHz FX-53

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just shows how just ramping up the clock speeds on intels just wont give significant performance increases. AMD however have been carefully tweaking the cache, fsb, multiplier, and other chip settings, as well as increasing the clock speeds to create such a great chip that it reqires a Intel chip 150% of the clock speed to compete.

Want to see something even better.
3463MHz.gif

Neosteve

You guys talk to much SH** about intel
Go away. No one asked you to join in in this thread. It's not an Intel bashing competition and I never said it was and clearly stated any flaming would close this thread. So keep your lame comments to yourself.

Thats good neosteve, but it's not an FX series AMD64, it's a rather low end AMD64 at that, still a nice OC though regardless no doubt about that.

all this work and money seems to be for minimal gain. i dont care much about saying i have a 10ghz amd or intel or whatever if its gonna cost a ton to do and not really give me any real usable advantages. clearly for these processor companies to make any more big performance leaps its gonna take more than just shear numbers as in clock speed and the same goes for home users who buy them. just overclocking may give you a performance boost but its not gonna be radically better than what you started with. that said it is still pretty cool to have gotten such a large overclock and such low temps.

I wish I had any processor better than my athlon 1400+ mobile lol (1.2ghz, can oc it to 1.4). Once I get some money i'm building one though.

Jblaze, that article isn't even representing casual home use. It's specifically to see how far it will go and what kind of gain you get with that particular processor.

Just like with the 5GHz Intel, there's no real applicable use to it since no one will have liquid nitrogen cooled setup.

These things are called 'novelties' You look at it and say 'oooh awwww' not criticize it for why it's not useful because that's just obvious already

Hey ChipX is almost there to 3.8 GHz on his FX-55. He has hit 3.63 GHz soon. I think a guy on AMD Tech Forums usernamed jason05705 already hit 3.9 GHz with a liquid cooling kit on his FX-55.

Let me tell you someting, I'm not an Inteller. I use both and I don't mind AMD or Intel. Which ever is better for my purposes, I use them. Right now it is a toss up though...

Should you know that a 5 GHz Intel would not be able to compete with that. You would need at least a 5.7 GHz Intel processor to compete with that.

How much is the HTT bus on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom