3dMark05 Score Down After OCing!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtk pro l

Daemon Poster
Ok. i have a 4400+ and a 7800gtx. well i ran 3dmark05 with everything stock, got 7175. I said decent, but i wanted better. lol. So I overclocked my CPU from 2.2 to 2.43. (no voltage mods). Ran Prime95 for about and hour and a half (maybe not enough time?) and got no errors. So I went ahead and decided to run 3dMark05, i was expecting no more than maybe 100 point increase, but I was suprised when I only scored 6396! Now I know overclocking your GPU would be the most decisive factor in the scores, but I thought OCing your CPU would atleast help the scores a little bit, not hurt them. Any ideas on the score difference? Thanks.

The CPU probably isn't stable. That or the RAM. Run Prime95 again for like 8 hours (you can run it overnight). Once that's done run memtest86 to test your memory. What power supply do you have?

hec 475. its a good psu despite the aftermarket name. i will run it again tonight and see how it is. thanks for the help.

I actually think it's your power supply. I was looking at the specs and they don't look to great. What's probably happening is your CPU now that it's overclocked is taking power away from your video card because there is no more extra wattage to spare. Like you said your GPU is most important.

ok ill go back to stock. man now i have to wait for a new power supply then start overclocking. o well its a good proccesor at stock anyways. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom