---IGNORE MY OTHER POSTS AND JUST REPLY TO THIS ONE---
Okay. I've been using Coolbits to overclock, which I have said in my other posts. I just got rivatuner working and I checked the box that'll let me overclock. When I do that, I stumble upon my first question. There is a little box that asks if I want 2D and 3D frequencies seperate or something like that. I keep it checked, right? Okay, then it asks if I want to reboot to detect default clock frequencies. I say yes to this. After I reboot, my default clock frequencies have been found. My default frequencies are as follows:
standard 2D= 370/1000
low power 3D= 350/1000
performance 3D= 350/1000
This is where my second question comes in. Should the 2D be at 370? Idiotec said it should be at 350, but then why does RivaTuner think this is the default setting?
Okay, so anyway, I move the memory clock up some. Then check the box that says apply when windows starts, hit save, hit test, hit apply, then hit ok. It then tells me that settings I've made prevent the driver from restoring the desired memory clock after reboot. Why? Another question, what is "use alternate startup daemon"? Also, when I hit "test", the button pretty much just goes gray. Should it be doing something?
So after I leave and the memory appears to be set to 1100, I go to hardware monitoring (under target adapter) and it says that my core is at 369 (I assume it is talking about the 2D core) and my memory is at 1000. Why did it not save my memory change?
Six questions I need to know:
1) Should the box for seperate 2D and 3D frequencies be checked?
2) Should the 2D core frequency be at 370 MHz, and if not, why does it tell me that is the default?
3) Am I applying the changes correctly for my frequencies? If so, then why does the box tell me that the driver cannot set the desired settings upon reboot?
4) What is this alternate startup daemon?
5) What should happen when I click on "test"?
6) Why won't the hardware monitor detect that I changed my memory frequency?
Thanks ahead of time.
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ socket 939 @ 2.3 GHz
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum motherboard
EVGA GeForce 6800 GT
2 GB DDR 400 (PC 3200) (2 x 1 GB sticks) (Dual Channel)
DVD player and seperate DVD RW drive
80 GB Western Digital Hard Drive
500 watt power supply
Sound Blaster Audigy
Logitech 5.1 surround sound speakers
SAMSUNG SyncMaster 710T LCD monitor
Aspire X Navigator Case