3DMark05

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had it for maybe 5 months MAX. I'll look at the return policy and see if I can return it for another.

I guess I should have asked this in my last post, but is there going to be one of those special deals when the 7600GT and whatnot come out where I can send in this card, pay the difference, and get a newer card? If there is, then I won't worry about it right now.

Wayniac - if you've had your card for 5 months you won't qualify for the step up program.....you gotta do it within 90days of purchase......SOMETIMES...newegg will toss the card in a computer and see if it works, and if it does they'll send it back and say you are doing something wrong.....if you got lucky they might send a new one......or you could do like I previously suggested and purposely kill it :D

Hook it up to the power supply but not plugged into the mobo and short that beotch out :p

Out of curiosity I hit "Detect Optimal Frequencies" and it put it at 417/1130. There must be some way to get there... if not, I may just take your suggestion, short it out, and send it back.

There is obviously a problem here. I've used coolbits to overclock it and coolbits says it is at 357/1100 HOWEVER when I open RivaTuner and check the monitoring part, it says that the memory is at 1104 (which is about what coolbits says) but it says the core is at 369. How do I access the overclocking through RivaTuner (I just can't seem to find it...).

Jeeze... RivaTuner tells me that standard 2D is set to 370/1102, low power 3D is set to 350/1102, and performance 3D is set to 357/1102. Does this seem right, or should 2D be set at 350 for the core?

EDIT: Also, should I check the box that says to allow seperate 2D and 3D clock settings (I think I do, but I just want to make sure).

I checked the box to detect the settings or whatnot so that I could overclock, and it automatically sets my 2D settings to 370/1000. It is like it thinks this is the default. Why? Are you sure it should be set to 370? I mean, after all, it does default it to this for some reason.

---IGNORE MY OTHER POSTS AND JUST REPLY TO THIS ONE---

Okay. I've been using Coolbits to overclock, which I have said in my other posts. I just got rivatuner working and I checked the box that'll let me overclock. When I do that, I stumble upon my first question. There is a little box that asks if I want 2D and 3D frequencies seperate or something like that. I keep it checked, right? Okay, then it asks if I want to reboot to detect default clock frequencies. I say yes to this. After I reboot, my default clock frequencies have been found. My default frequencies are as follows:

standard 2D= 370/1000
low power 3D= 350/1000
performance 3D= 350/1000

This is where my second question comes in. Should the 2D be at 370? Idiotec said it should be at 350, but then why does RivaTuner think this is the default setting?

Okay, so anyway, I move the memory clock up some. Then check the box that says apply when windows starts, hit save, hit test, hit apply, then hit ok. It then tells me that settings I've made prevent the driver from restoring the desired memory clock after reboot. Why? Another question, what is "use alternate startup daemon"? Also, when I hit "test", the button pretty much just goes gray. Should it be doing something?

So after I leave and the memory appears to be set to 1100, I go to hardware monitoring (under target adapter) and it says that my core is at 369 (I assume it is talking about the 2D core) and my memory is at 1000. Why did it not save my memory change?

Six questions I need to know:
1) Should the box for seperate 2D and 3D frequencies be checked?
2) Should the 2D core frequency be at 370 MHz, and if not, why does it tell me that is the default?
3) Am I applying the changes correctly for my frequencies? If so, then why does the box tell me that the driver cannot set the desired settings upon reboot?
4) What is this alternate startup daemon?
5) What should happen when I click on "test"?
6) Why won't the hardware monitor detect that I changed my memory frequency?

Thanks ahead of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom