3dmark05

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
what should i get in 3dmark05 with this setup? like what should i be around?

KN8 SLI
EVGA 8800GT superclocked 512mb
AMD34bit 3200+ (2.09ghs)
2gb ram

I have never done any 3dmark before. When i play Day of Defeat source, my FPs seems a little low for my video card... around 40fps in DODS

what should i get in 3dmark05 with this setup? like what should i be around?

KN8 SLI
EVGA 8800GT superclocked 512mb
AMD34bit 3200+ (2.09ghs)
2gb ram

I have never done any 3dmark before. When i play Day of Defeat source, my FPs seems a little low for my video card... around 40fps in DODS

Your card isn't the problem, it's your CPU. And who uses 05? Get 06, run it, and we'll see if you're near where you should be.

ok, downloading 06 lol. So, u think my CPU is rly making me get less FPS than i should? I plan on buying a new mobo, cpu, and ram soon. Prolly get the intel core 2 duo e8400(3ghz) with the DS3L motherboard, dunno what ram yet

Oh I know your cpu is bottlenecking your gpu. As far as your cpu choice...go quad. :) Duos are in their "last trimester" of being useful, wont be long before they're phased out like single cores were. But you probably have a year or two before that happens. Even though games are already being quad-optimized.

ok, this is what i got. 5424 marks the cpu tests were TERRIBLE. i got 0 fps on both of them, pathetic. This was with 3dmark06 basic edition, so i wasnt able to change any settings. Is my score bad?

ok, this is what i got. 5424 marks the cpu tests were TERRIBLE. i got 0 fps on both of them, pathetic. This was with 3dmark06 basic edition, so i wasnt able to change any settings. Is my score bad?

I get maybe a max of like 1 fps on the first CPU benchmark, and a max of 2fps on the 2nd benchmark =P. They're supposed to be like that.

Well with a non-bottlenecking cpu and that video card, your score would be 11-13k stock. So no, score is bad. What were your fps's for the video portions of the test?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom