3dmark 05 & overclocking - results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyper

Baseband Member
First run with no overclocking or tweaking of any sort, it scored 7408. I overclocked the video card 500/1200 (using coolbits) and scored 7906. Core temp never peaked above 53c, but I turned off the overclock after running the test.

Would I get any improved performance overclocking the CPU (or memory)? Other suggestions?

The Setup:
-------------

Board
MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum nForce4 Ultra Athlon 64 Skt939 DDR ATX

CPU
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ Processor (San Diego)

Video
eVGA GeForce 7800 GT CO PCI Express 256MB GDDR3

RAM
Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2PT 2GB Kit DDR400 XMS3200

Storage
Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB Serial ATA 10,000RPM

Case
Antec PERFORMANCE TX TX1050B

to score higher on the gaming benchmarks, you'd need to continue to overclock the video card. You can overclock the processor too. That's actually what I'd do just because it's fun to see what you can get it to

Ryan

yes seriously you will maybe hit 3ghz. if so thats a smack upside the big man fx57's head. my brother tunning a x850xt pe @570mhz/1260mhz. amd 64 3000 939 venice@ 2.75ghz he got 7170! and ths is on a agp system lol whoa sick

Overclocked the cpu just a little to 2.42ghz, and the video up to 510/1.20 - scored 8009. woowoo

If you sit there and watch 3DMark05 go through all of the tests you will see the section where it is just testing your CPU. As you've found out, the CPU performance does factor into your total score.

I have a question though... I have a 7800gtx so all of the tests are very smooth, but when it gets to testing the CPU it gets REALLY choppy and slow (compared to testing the video card). Has anyone else experienced this? Is this normal? If anyone has seen the section where it tests the CPU run just as smooth as the video card what kind of CPU do you have?

Lol dude that is common no matter what CPU you have. True some will be better than others but they all SUCK compared to the Video card test. You are comparing a video card test where you will get like 40 fps with a CPU test that will give you around 2-10 fps at most that is why it is choppy and annoying to watch. :confused:

Take a break, go grab a beer, come back in 10 minutes and the annoying CPU test section will be over :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom