3800+ vs 165

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dunno, i dont think so, thats why people go for the opty, obviosuly its not gurantied to get 3 ghz, but ya may get lucky, and should get 2.6 easy eneugh

chech this out> very good source, youl notcice 3ghz on the 3800 has been achieved

http://www.amdgeeks.net/

I think I'll stick with the 3800, I'm not planning on going past 2.6 anyway. Thanks guys! Any reccomendations on the best CPU cooler for the DFI LanParty SLI-D. I know the Scythe Ninja is not compatible without having to bend capacitors over! I'm thinking of getting the Big Typhoon. Any thoughts?

i think you should go with the Opteron 165, even if u are just going to 2.5GHz, because 1st of all the Opteron will get there much faster, especially if ur getting PC 4000 Ram, even without it, it should be a breeze, and the 3800 might take u a while to get to 2.5GHz, and on top of that, when ur computer is gonna need to meet higher demands, you can OC that Opteron even further, with air you can get it to 2.8GHz, and with water cooling you can get it to 3.0GHz, which you cant do at all with a 3800, + on top of that it has half the cache of the Opteron.

I'm already using normal PC3200 RAM to save money, so the Opteron isn't realy an option. Well, it is, but then I have to drop a second 250GB HDD. I still can't get a direct answer to whether I'll notice a difference in performance between the 2 when running at the same speed. Maybe I should just get it. But at the moment the 3800+ just looks like a better deal financially. I'll put some more thought into it, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom