3500+ Venice - what to expect at stock vcore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
week 15 of this year would be third week of march....I've got a week 18 so that'd be 2nd week in April....it didn't seem to want to clock very high, maxed out at 2.575GHz, however this was in the crappy nf3 Ultra-D from DFI....I'm installing windows right now with my nf4 Ultra-D :D I'm hoping MAYBE I can get a higher clock since it's a better more stable board and all but I'm not betting on it

Hey, NuBiuS, if i remember correctly, u had an oc'd xp-m at somewhat same speeds as this venice of yours? how much performace boost did ya get?
Yeah, I ran my XP-M at 2.5GHz 24/7 use with RAM at DDR400....which as you said is pretty much what I had to do here...there IS a performance gain even with the 6800GT clocked lower simply because the memory bandwidth is so much better for the AMD64s

Heres a quick reference:
This is on my XP-M machine:

401/1101 6800GT @ DDR400 @ 2.6GHz - 71.84 drivers - 12,025 - 3dmark03(Build 360)

Heres on my AMD64 Machine:

400/1100 6800GT @ DDR400 @ 2GHz - 77.30 Drivers - 12,226 - 3dmark03(Build360)

Of course better drivers do make a difference but hell, that's 600MHz slower, but the memory bandwidth just helps it take off...however I'd also assume some of it has to do with better drivers.

That was with the Nf3 Ultra-D BTW, heres with the nf4 Ultra-D

400/1100 6800GT PCI-E @ DDR400 @ 2GHz - 78.01 Drivers - 12,323 - 3dmark03(Build360)

Heres aquamark on the XP-M machine:

430/1150 6800GT @ DDR400 - 2.6GHz - 71.84 - 59,093 - Aquamark3

Heres the nf3 Ultra-D (haven't done nf4 yet)

415/1120 6800GT @ DDR460 - 2.3GHz - 77.30 - 70,528 - Aquamark 3

Aquamark is really dependant on the system as you can...the 6800GT is going slower but theres quite a bit of increase in performance.

You made the switch huh, nice Did you get a PCI-e 6800GT to go with it?
But of course :D

Same brand too, eVGA...just got it all installed and running yesterday...took me freakin 7 and a half hours to take out the old motherboard, drain water cooling, reinstall water cooling (had to cut new tubing to length as well) pull off BGA ramsinks from the AGP version, put em back on the PCI-E version, put the stock heatsink back on the AGP to sell to a friend...bah...there were so many little things I forgot I had to do =/

Just bumped it up to Ultra speeds earlier as you can see since I posted that bench score above :D

Maxes out at like 45C too :D Runs cooler than the AGP version did....not sure if it's because maybe I put the block on better or if the PCI-E's just naturally run cooler or what.

Either way....now that I got a stable board idiotec I'm coming for your scores! lol....it's taken me months but I'll do it damnit!

I just gotta flash to a different BIOS on this board, and I'll probably start OC'ing in a couple days or so, possibly over the weekend.

And the kid I'm selling my eVGA 6800GT AGP to....psht. I told him $200 even and he was sitting there and acting like that was asking too much....PSHT I SAY...shiz still costs $300 on most online stores.

PLUS he's getting AS5 on the stock heatsink atleast....theres an extra $5 right there :p muahahaha

Maxes out at like 45C too Runs cooler than the AGP version did....not sure if it's because maybe I put the block on better or if the PCI-E's just naturally run cooler or what.
Those are OK temps I guess :cool: Man, I would be thinking about volt modding if I had that, 500 core anyone? :p

Either way....now that I got a stable board idiotec I'm coming for your scores! lol....it's taken me months but I'll do it damnit!
Let's just hope you didn't get a bum 6800 that max's out at 405/1110 or something :p

I am curious if you will get a bit more out of that Venice with the NF4. Just another 100mhz would be real nice ;) But really, even if you can just get your GPU back up along with 2.57 you'll be doing pretty damn well. Congrat's man :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom