300Mhz FSB - W00t!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I even remember telling you when you bought the 6600GT AGP that you would regret not getting PCI-E :p

DDR2 is getting better though as someone mentioned back a while ago and is I think just about the same price as DDR1 which is good news for us AMD dudes who will steal all the thunder from your Intel dudes mwahahahahaha :D

Does anyone know what the DDR2 record is anyways?

I even remember telling you when you bought the 6600GT AGP that you would regret not getting PCI-E
Yeah, god forbid I assume that a company like DFI would put out a GOOD working board :rolleyes: that's what pisses me off...I wouldnt regret AGP one bit if they had actually put out a good board instead of like rushing one out just to shut up the people asking for it.

Things didn't 'fall into place' right though....shoulda got the 6600GT AGP, then stepped up to the PCI-E 6800GT, but at the time I didn't plan on AMD64 and the Ultra-D muchless venices which were WAY down the road at the time

I warned you to wait too! You really should listen to me more often. :p Yeah I was originally going the buy my AMD64 back in December when the winchesters first came out and they were the ones getting the amazing clocks, but I wasn't satisfied with the Neo2 and decided I might as well upgrade my video card and go for a PCI-E board and card since the 9800 was starting to cut it close, so I ended up waiting, originally for the dual core but then I couldn't pass up the uber cheap Venice

I got too excited with the thought of a powerful card :p

Plus I did figure I'd last on my XP-M, but then i got jealous of everyones memory bandwidth :D

Oh well, patience was never my forte....

I suppose 2.575GHz with DDR540 isnt THAT bad :p

Does anyone know what the DDR2 record is anyways?
It is over DDR2 1000 I know that, I think right around DDR2 1200, although DDR2 still has not beat DDR at pure bandwidth :confused: , but as was said, timings are coming down and it is getting there.

I think just about the same price as DDR1 which is good news for us AMD dudes who will steal all the thunder from your Intel dudes mwahahahahaha
OMG, Gaara isn't buying into this DDR2 stuff is he? I am getting scared :p

TBH though, your right. With the AMD's onboard mem controller, I bet DDR2 takes the mem bandwidth world record easy. But... It will soon to be followed by Conroe and next Intel's on board so well see :D

I suppose 2.575GHz with DDR540 isnt THAT bad
Hey, screw the chip limitation, go for 300x8.5 :D

Just get a fan blowing over the RAM and put some volts through them puppies! MAKE EM DANCE!
hahhah :laughing:

Hey, screw the chip limitation, go for 300x8.5
I can do 300HTT for the CPU, but the RAM maxes out at 2.5-3-3-7-2T with 3v at DDR540 speeds....I don't have a fan blowing over mine though :p which I probably need to and it might help squeez out a tad bit more MHz.

1gb kits are always limited though for the most part

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom