3000+ Venice

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxdii

Baseband Member
I found this processor on Newegg and it has 1GHz fsb and on Tigerdirect it has 2000Mhz fsb, these equal the same thing if I am correct. 1GHz=2000Mhz? Or is the one from Tigerdirect overclocked with a lower multiplyer. Please reply quickly I need this processor for my new computer.

assuming it's an Athlon 64 (wouldn't be anything else)
it's actually 2 x 1000MHZ. 1000MHZ for the RAM, 1000MHZ for other things.
you can say it is 1000MHZ or 2000MHZ. the chips are the same.

The bus speed on AMD's is 200mhz. The hypertransport is the link between the CPU and ram, and there is a multiplier, as standard is 5x. You can do the maths, 200*5=1000mhz. Because RAM is Double Data Rate, it is 1000mhz*2(for the double data rate) which = 2000mhz.

They are the same processors.

yeah, the HTT is 200MHZ per RAM disk. overall the HTT has 1000MHZ for RAM in total. then it has 1000MHZ for the other things.

if you see other CPU's (ones not in socket 754, 939 or 940) the equivalent to HTT is FSB.

normally, a CPU will talk to a memory controller on the motherboard if it wants to communicate with RAM. the link between CPU and memory controller is called the Front Side Bus (FSB).

on socket 754, 939 and 940 systems (Athlon 64's, Opterons and some Semprons) they have a memory controller on the CPU itself. therefore the FSB is inside the CPU and runs at the CPU's speed. the link between CPU and RAM on these systems is called Hypertransport (HTT)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom