3 watercooling questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAXIMILIAN said:

a d5 per 2x rad would work better still though wouldnt it?(cuz i really really really like that setup :D:D:D)

Im not sure what you mean exactly but you need to have the pumps inline (series) of each other and not running them side by side (parallel)

EDIT:

Here are some cool reservoirs that would look good and work well with your loop:
http://www.voyeurmods.com/index.php?action=item&id=1102&prevaction=category&previd=2&prevstart=0
http://www.voyeurmods.com/index.php?action=item&id=1103&prevaction=category&previd=2&prevstart=0
http://www.voyeurmods.com/index.php?action=item&id=1011&prevaction=category&previd=2&prevstart=0

I liken those res's but what is the differance in how those 120mm ones work and the DD round one work?

lets just say i did go with the 2 loops setup using the exact same components (different res's) is there any way i could make it work?

MAXIMILIAN said:
why you all such haters llol. but seriously what sucks so much about rounded type?

Heck there is nothing round with the rounded type. I two buddies that use the one you want to buy and with one single D5 it creates so much flow that the water hits the top and splashes down creating bubbles. Then the bubbles get sucked into the loop, and air in the loop equals poor performance. You have to run the a single D5 at 3/4 speed before the air bubles went away, no imagine you setup with two d5's!?!. Both of them are running maze4 gpu's and one has a TDX the other an RBX. The two round reservoirs I posted before look good because there is a large enough a mount of water to keep from splashing too much and suking air into the loop. I think you should get a dual bay res in blue. It would match the case and look great, also they can see the water from the front too. It's also very easy to fill, just slide it out and unscrew the cap.

Thanks SB

any reason i would want dual over single?
Cuz if i can find a way to get that 2 loop configuration to work i would just want to use 2 single bays.

Meh I figured since my ram chips on my 6600GT get rather warm they would add extra heat to the loop thats not really needed.... But I see your point kinda now Nubius.
Crazy, it didn't seem like the RAM chips on my 6600GT or 6800GT ever got warm..I put tweakmonster BGA ramsinks on them because they also are sexy looking ramsinks :p But overall I wouldn't be worried about the RAM adding heat to the water with those full blocks.

you want both pump in a row so you get the most head out of the parts you have
seems like putting one pump right after the other wouldn't be a good thing. I'd personally have one before the monstercore, and then either one right after it, or after the GPU blocks right before the res.

Seems like if you just had the pump right infront of each other, it wouldn't do much considering that 2nd pump can only still churn water as fast as the one before it.

As far as the 2xD5 = 24feet of head with each being 12ft, it seems like it'd only do that if you put the 2nd one at the end of the 12 feet.....meaning like say if you put the second one 6 feet up then it'd only shoot 18feet up, 6ft + 12feet of the 2nd one.

This is one of those things we must test sometime over at your house :D

We'll discuss this further later tonight lol.

If i was going to go for pure performance of cooling just cpu and gpu's using d5's and eith two 2x rads or one quad how should i set it up?

Peace
-Maximilian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom