2600+ oc'able enough - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 10:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to 4W4K3

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex81388
I own a couple 2600's and on every board there is on lock.
Are they older boards? Theres really only 2-3 SocketA overclocking boards to consider, at least from a biased point of view lol

Old 01-04-2005, 10:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to Alex81388

Yeah I PMed Nubius a while back, mines an XFX board, budget, but I had to buy 4 at once so at the time it was ideal, they are Mach4 boards FYI.

But the NF7-v2 is nice as he suggested.

Old 01-05-2005, 03:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
True Techie

The NF7-S is a nice socket A board. im not sure if it has an AGP/PCI lock because i havent attempted to OC yet, although i have heart that it is a good board for overclocking.
Nvidia xfx ge-force 5200, 128MB
WD 20GB HDD SATA (system)
Maxtor 120GB HDD IDE (storage)
1024MB Dual Cannel 400MHz RAM
350W Aurora PSU
Win XP SP2
Memorex 16x Dual Layer DVD +/- RW
---------------------
Old 01-05-2005, 04:47 AM   #14 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

the NF7-S v2 has all the OC'ing option you need. And yeah I accidentally got the NF7-S2G way back when, got it sold though
Old 01-05-2005, 02:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Build Guru

I have a shuttle board now and it has alot of oc features. i have nop probls w/ agp/pci lovk at all. I can lock it myself or unlock it. Also if oyu look most all NF2 mobos have oc features.
What i ment by locking it urself nubius was most NF2 boards (ultra 400) can lock the agp/pci from the bios. i know i can.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

What are you talking about PP? You're just posting redundant unsure info it seems like.

Quote:
i have nop probls w/ agp/pci lovk at all
Ok? People don't have problems with it....either you have it or you don't.

It's not NF2 boards..that's not even a series. It's the NF7-S series which entails NF7-S v1 and NF7-S v2, also I believe the AN7 has overclocking features. Other than that like I said boards like NF7-S2/-S2G the NF7-M I think it is, are all normal boards that don't have a lock.

Quote:
What i ment by locking it urself nubius was most NF2 boards (ultra 400) can lock the agp/pci from the bios. i know i can.
See again I don't see what you are saying here. I'm sure you mean the NF7-S series boards here and it's not a 'most' kind of thing. Some do and some don't and you're supposed to look into which ones do so you don't make a mistake like I did...however if you go to the NF7-S2G it says it HAS all the BIOS options needed, only until you've bought it and open up the manual do you find it doesn't.

If you can change your AGP lock then you got lucky and accidentally picked a board that's good for OC'ing......in your case it was luck of the draw but anyone out to OC will have an idea of what particular boards to shoot for
Old 01-06-2005, 01:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Build Guru

No your misunderstanding lol. Im sorry what i meant by NF2 is Nforce 2 chipset boards lol. Most Nforce 2 boards have it locked or you can change it. Hehe sorry bout the confusion. im trying to type while im at school in the middle of lessons so i have ot abreviate things a little.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Closed Thread