2500+ Barton OC Veterans ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
I believe I'm going to get the AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton core chip up to 3200+. I know the multiplier will be locked and I will have better than stock cooling and using Arctic Silver 5 as my compound and case fans and whatnot, Basically I'm not too concerned about heat. I can monitor that.

What I'm really looking for are people who've either OC'd this chip in the past or currently have it running. I've heard to leave the PCI Frequencies alone, and put the AGP to 66Mhz and btw I'll have pc3200 ram so I'm looking for the 400FSB obviously. I've basically heard all you need to do is incrementally step up the FSB from 166 to 200 and as long as you got adequate cooling it'll all be good and stable. I've heard very few reports on the voltage needed. Some say you shouldn't need to change it all, some say a small boost of up to 1.7 vcore will make it stable, and I think I've even seen some people say 1.8 but that sounds a bit much. Anyone got some sound advice before I go on this overclocking adventure? Mainly about voltages and keeping system stability =) Thanks

OK, I did it for my best friend. We bought the 2500+ barton 333FSB. We upped the voltage to 1.7 i think just to make the OC a bit more stable, but it didn't seem like it needed it. Just a precaution really. It's running solid at a 3200+. it's a little warm, but not too bad. If you get an awesome cooler it'll be no problem, but it seems as though the bartons run a bit warm. We got his running at 50c

Anyways, it's been stable now for over two months, so it would be something i'd recommend.

well my CPU is running at 54C right now. And thats an AMD Athlon XP 2400+. I think mine might be running a little hot, plus when I bought my mobo back when I didn't know as much and the guy switched out my processor, I think he put on crappy compound =/ I got some arctic silver to go on this one if I get it.

But look at this:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=19-103-439&depa=1

I've heard of people getting insane overclocks out of that 2400+ XP-M chip. Should that be a possibility or just go with the 2500+ XP?

Right now im Running my 2500+ at 3200+ with the 2500+ stock fan, its running now at 50-55 degrees celcius. I just up the fsb to 200mhz

If you feel you can tame the beast of the mobile xp then sure. Right now i have my 2500+ overclocked at 2.21ghz and the temp is at 39c with the stock heatsink and fan.

yeah, the 2500+ is mainly reported to just be able to get up to 3200+ speeds pretty easily. The 2400+ XP-M it seems people are taxing that thing way beyond normal specs. Most people I've seen posts of have it at like 2.5 or 2.4 atleast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom