24,889 3D Mark run!! X-Fire 5770's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the reply. I understand fully. Also, how does the GTX260 really perform, real world usage versus synthetic benchies? The reason I ask, is because I have a couple on the way for SLI. Since I cant have a signature yet, I'll state for the record that I have an ASUS P7P55D Pro mobo and an Intel Core i7 860. I have an MSI Big Bang Trinergy mobo on the way, and I start modding and installing on the first..

2x gtx 260 almost = 1 gtx295 so yeah you will be just fine.

My single one will play most games at full setting with acceptable frame rates.

As a result you only need one and should send me your second one so I can perform additional testing. :D

2x gtx 260 almost = 1 gtx295 so yeah you will be just fine.

My single one will play most games at full setting with acceptable frame rates.

As a result you only need one and should send me your second one so I can perform additional testing. :D

Lol...How very nice of you to offer to take some of the weight out of my tower. I plan on using my 22" ASUS monitor @ 1920*1080, and overclocking is on the to do list, since they come with aftermarket dual fan coolers. They are the PALIT Flavor. By the way, can you spray paint the backside of a gpu PCB? The PCBs for these GTX260s are red, which will clash with my color designations(all my cool blue LEDs).

rofl2.gif

Then once your done send it me and we'll see how it does on water ;)

Be sure to check out our Folding team. A couple of 260's would do very nicely for you.

Be sure to check out our Folding team. A couple of 260's would do very nicely for you.

Will do. I use my PS3 for the Stanford University protein folding program(Folding at Home). I wonder if they will ever compile an algorithm for inverse gravitational field simulation. They could replicate and test multiple simulations using the same distributed computing method, and they could call it falling at home.

Lol...How very nice of you to offer to take some of the weight out of my tower. I plan on using my 22" ASUS monitor @ 1920*1080, and overclocking is on the to do list, since they come with aftermarket dual fan coolers. They are the PALIT Flavor. By the way, can you spray paint the backside of a gpu PCB? The PCBs for these GTX260s are red, which will clash with my color designations(all my cool blue LEDs).

Yes, it is possible to paint a PCB. But you gotta really know what your doing. Like use a certain type of paint, keep it grounded, paint and then dry it ASAP. I would not recommend it unless you have done it before, or at least practiced on a piece of hardware that's not nearly as valuable.

I decided to go with the MSI TWIN FROZR edition GTX260. Still has a red PCB though. On the newegg site, it makes no mention of its core designation, so I assume it's the 216 core model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom