20/24 pin mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
i overclocked my p4 to 3.75 without the 4 pin plugged in, (only 20) then i just plugged it in, not really a huge OC fan because if i fry something i have no cash to replace it. if you have the plugs, plug them in!

if you guys didnt see my thread on this, i have a dfi board with 24 pins and a ultra x-connect with a 20 pin and the comp would not shut off with the case buttons so i had to flip the psu power switch. but when i got the adapter the case buttons worked

I am OC'd from 2.0 to 2.4 without those extra 4 pins. So is that really true that I can get a better overclock with those 4 pins in?

neweyedeya18 said:
BUMMER, mole i think you have my favorite sig at TF. that thing is sick

I know, but I cant take credit for it, Nubious made it for me, I think he makes the sickest sig's on TF

nitestick said:
yes you can because it provides extra current, not power or voltage to the motherboard. having multiple 12v inputs in parellel decreases resistance and increases current, when you overclock the processor draws more current

That makes sense to me. I've heard of people with their Venice cores being able to OC a lot higher than I can. My temps are really good so I know it's not overheating, and I have my voltage almost maxed out, but I still can't go above 2.4. So if there is more current to the cpu I might be able to get a higher overclock.

i have a 20 pin and for some reason my ram cant go beyond the stock settings(200 mhz) and when i oc i have to have it below 200 mhz to me stable...wierd. i think i may try out that converter/connector thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom