2 monitors now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey

In Runtime
soo.. I have 2 monitors attached to my pc and I like the look.. but I really don't use that second one so much. Do you know of anything cool/helpful a second monitor can be used for on a pc? I normally game..

All I ever used it for was doing say graphics on one monitor, and editing on another page..

I mainly game as well.. I tried the whole 2 monitor extended desktop thing and it just didn't do anything for me... I sold the older monitor and put it towards new upgrades...

Now at work I use two monitors for spreadsheets and such and love it...

Spreadsheets, CAD, graphics editing, video editing, programming, and anything where you need to compare things side-by-side are where you are going to benefit from dual/multiple monitors. Gaming, unfortunately, is not one of them.

I currently have 2 19" monitors.. maybe Ic ould sell then and buy like a 24 or something.
But, yea I was afraid of that too. i am an accountant and dual monitors for work is great, but at home.. I find my self using it to store firefox while i watching a movie or something. Thanks for the help

You could use some kind of system monitor on one screen to see what is happening to your computer and/or network. I some times have Xchat on one and I have firefox on the other one. :)

When i had dual monitors a few months ago (had to move one to another computer but am really thinking of moving it back) i would game on one and put a temp reader on another, and other monitoring tools. Msn, a text document as i sometimes write down errors and now and then right guides threw difficult parts of games. Usually you have to have the game in window mode on one screen, because if you try clicking on the other monitor it minimized the game. I also used to browse with a screen open on each, acctually i mostly used that for tech-forums, and other forums i post on. I find it very useful

I run a 19 inch widescreen + 24 inch widescreen. I absolutely love it and wouldn't ever run a computer in single display again unless I absolutely had to. I'm always up to something on the computer, trying new things, reading this or that... even if I'm just putzing around I typically store all IMs + my media player on the 19 and use the 24 for everything else.

When I game, I turn the 19 off and just use the 24. Even if I wanted to have stuff up on the 2nd monitor, I just find it to be a nusance due to the fact that monitors are pretty bright and I play games like left 4 dead, where there's a lot of darkness... the contrast is just annoying so I just stick to a single 24 for gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom