2 fan airflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
okay now I wanted to see if something like this would improve ariflow?

doubling up fans on an exhaust slot. one on the inside and the other on the outside when it was just setting on my desk.

would it imporve airflow or hinder it??

probably wouldn't improve it, considering the internal fan is already pushing as much as it can out...

this image is an example.

with a low CFM fan intaking air into the comp through a 5 1/4 drive bay, then having another HIGH cfm fan just inside that one, you can create a small pressure chamber which moves much more air through your computer. I needs to be fairly well sealed, but it increases airflow in a lot and lowers temps.... At least it does in my friends comp.

haha.
Yeah i don't see it working much if at all unless it's a sealed connection like Reaver showed.

if you have 2 of the same size fans it'd help a little but only cuz the first one is already moving air so the second one doesn't have to do as much work.

Basically, unless the second (outside) fan is larger then it's not gonna show much if any improvement at all because it won't be able to move the air faster because the first fan is already moving the air through almost as fast at the 2nd can.

ok, what your are looking at here is a series fan arrangement. you will get a diminishing return on putting fans in series. you will have improved air flow, but a better option would be to put them in parallel (i.e. one above the other). this would optimize the amount of air flow that each can push.

what kind of case do you have? how many fans?

If one fan is pushing/pulling harder than the other (which will be the case if you don't have two identical fans), it'll just generate extra noise, maybe burn out the motor in one of them over time, and not do much other than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom