2.76Ghz Palermo

Status
Not open for further replies.
atleast I'm not the only one having to hover around 2.5GHz with their AMD64....I feel less pissed :p

He gets 2.7ghz+ with his $80 chip and we get 2.5 with our $200...BAH!! I knew I shoulda just gone with the 3000 way back when and saved $50

its a benchmark for CPU's. It test how fast a given CPU can work out Pi, from 16 thousand decimal places right up to 32 Million.

yeah, i'm really pleased with this cpu, although its not 32M stable at 2.76Ghz, it is at 2.72Ghz. not much of a difference though, so i don't mind.

You should go look over at ExtremeSystem's and see what they are doing with the Sempron's,There's a couple over 3Ghz

:amazed:

bah! i'm obviously just not xtreme enough :p this is on air :) and crappy air cooling at that: stock HSF :p lots of the people over at XS are insane, and use LN2 or dry ice etc, which I, as a 16yr old student, am just not capable of accessing :)

Does it work out how stable your system with your current overclock?

I'll give you my results after I finish running it, (running as we speak).

well if you can run a complete 32M run of super Pi, its generally considered to be stable. although, some people would argue that 32M alone isn't enough to determine stability, and some might say otherwise. If i can run 3dmark05 looped about 5 times, i'd say a system is perfectly stable. but thats just me :)

I'm guessing that the lower the timings the better it is?

Well here are mine.

Yah I use the torture test of Prime95 to test my stability, 8hrs or so of that and it's good! ;)

Attachments

• pi.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 31
Syphanx, what is the specs of the machine you did super pi with?

this has really sparked me to get my Athlon XP 2500+ to 3200+ speeds.

Why's that? Cause mines so poor lol!

Nah but seriously, is that good? Cause I have no idea of how super PI works or even what it does, I just ran it and came out with those results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom