2.65GHZ Venice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ceramique is like the non-conductive version of AS5. I don't THINK its permanent...

You know what? I'm pissed. So I'm gonna put the AS5 on, and if my temps don't improve in 2 weeks (burn-in period) then I'm gonna clean it off and RMA it. Screw Ceramique.

Come on...no different than "overclocking voids your warranty"...they aren't going to out of their way to check up to make sure you did or did not use AS5...just use 99% asopryl alcohol and clean it off if you're really worried about it

I've RMAed two AMD64s after using arctic silver 5 and I goy no hassle

it's 'isopropyl' alcohol gaara.

99% isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip easily removes the stuff.....crazy that they actually state it 'voids your warrenty' however like gaara said and I said...they'd never know in the first place...plus it's lame considering they have heatspreaders....on the ones that have the core exposed and resistors right near it like on the XP's it's a little more understandable, but MEH, whatever.

I think it's not so much the Arctic Silver 5 though. I think they're afraid some idiot's gonna hear about thermal grease and go crazy with the stuff and ruin his processor. That's why on the heatsink there's a nice pretty little rectangle of the ceramique crap. The villiage idiot made them feel like they needed to put that clause in there. But seriously, they'll never know.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom