2 4770's break 30k 3DMark06

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

Inspired by Art
ORB - Compare

the 2nd fastest system listed in the orb results with 4770's is (24,016) exactly 1000 points higher than my top.

problems or not with the new 40mn chips or not, i see great things coming soon when flagship cards from either ati or nvidia come out with these sizes or smaller.

i believe that the 4770 was released only as a test for the 40nm chip process.

now let it be known, all of the 4770's shipped out (that i know of) had no ram cooling.
but they were shipped with ram that was intended to operate @ 1000MHz(4000MHz effective), but i guess to cut costs, they didnt cool them, and instead of running at normal speed, they downclocked the ram to 800MHz(3200MHz effective). there has been reports of 1150MHz(4600MHz effective) achieved with this ram, but im not sure how they cooled it...if it was done with the stock cooler,...then thats pretty amazing, since there isnt even any thermal pads on em.

cant wait for the "real" 40nm cards

Yeah i think it was discussed at some point they were the test bed for that manafacturing process.

could you imagine a 4770 on a 256-bit bus with 1GB GDDR5 with more shaders (say 800+)

if you can, that would prolly be one of the cards in the 5800 lineup.
(with higher clocks of course, clocks compairable to the 4890 perhaps)

im still gonna hold off for nvidia's product tho.

could you imagine a 4770 on a 256-bit bus with 1GB GDDR5 with more shaders (say 800+)

if you can, that would prolly be one of the cards in the 5800 lineup.
(with higher clocks of course, clocks compairable to the 4890 perhaps)

im still gonna hold off for nvidia's product tho.

I cant make the jump to ATI though, i know its probably a non issue now but i keep hearing driver problems and the features such as CUDA from nVidia keep me on their side.

I would jump to ATI though if they were clearly ahead, as any well informed techie would.

CCC and the drivers are my problem, not the actual 3 dimensional product.

i had so many problems just getting my first 4770 to work with the cd driver and the 9.4 driver...and then the limitations CCC put on the cards....making overclocking very difficult...read this page ...lol i did that before i got a 2nd to run CF4770's ....it really helped...until riva decided to quit working for me. Overclocking Nvidia products is so much easier, especially with evga precission tool and the newer voltage tool

wow, now this is really making me want one of these.

but i'll hold out until they get a 1GB version. with a better heatsink. cause the stock one is ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom