1st 3dMark06 Score... where to go from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinaibur

Baseband Member
Hey guys. I built my first rig back in December-January over Christmas break. Here are the specs:

Gigabyte P35-DS3R
Q6600 GO Stepping
Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800 1GBx2
XFX 7900GTX (taken from previous computer)
Corsair 550VX PSU
Tuniq Tower-120 HSF
Seagate Barracuda 320GB
Antec 900

My plan when I built it was to take my first shot with overclocking with this rig. I planned on replacing the video card soon after I bought it but came into financial problems with tuition and such. I put my pc on the backburner and only used it for school work until a few weeks ago. I have started gaming again, and regained interest in overclocking my system and purchasing a new video card. I would like to overclock my cpu and gpu while I research video cards and save money.

Now that all that is out of the way. I ran 3DMark06 yesterday and scored in the low 3000's. That seems very low to me. Is that really where my system is about at? I guess my question is where should I start?

Wow must be your card! Other than the MB and GPU same basicallyas me and I'm 10-11K higher.

What are the scores? there should be a break down of gpu and cpu scores.

But it has to be the card! an 8800gt is like 150 now or less and can get oc'd.

Try Rivatuner to oc you gpu.

i think you should be around the 5000-6000 range

my x1950xtx with my core 2 duo @ 3.7 or something like that was around 7.3k i think if i remember right

maybe you should oc your proc a bit

7900gtx scores 5000ish, Nos is right... (get the latest drivers if you haven't already)

i thought you were only supposed to disable speedstep if you are overclocked. so should i wait until i try overclocking?

so if the 7900GTX score is 5000ish i'm really low right? (i have the latest drivers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom