17,384 memtest errors at stock speeds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grego

In Runtime
I built my computer a few days ago :).

Yesterday I tried my hand at some slight overclocking. I have a DFI NF4 lanparty Ultra, 3200 vence, 1gb twinmos ram. I wasnt going for any records, but just wanted to experiment a little. I set my fsb up to 205 and had noproblems. At 210 I started getting typical program crashing errors. I upped the ram voltage a little and the chipset voltage, the program errors went away.

I decided to use prime95 to torture test my pc while I slept and give the new HSF/AS5 a good work out. Too bad I got an error on the first test. I set EVERYTHING back to stock. Got the same error. So, I used my bios' memtest86, which is conveniently bulit in. Well, I let it run for about 7.5 hours and I recieved a whopping 17,384 errors, at stock!

I've got a 480w Antec NeoPower psu, all FOUR power connections plugged in on the power hungry board... I don't think any other components would cause the problem. I had run memtest earlier with some slight overclock and it only produced one error in the first minute, while by that time stock was up at like 100 errors.

What in the world??

yea send it back and get urself some fresh pieces. or look at the timings listed that the ram is supposed to run at and see what it is actually runing at and if they differ in anyway make them the same

Yeah, you're RAM is screwed man. Never hesitate to send back your RAM if (when) you find errors in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom