1337 Opinions Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
What do we all think of this memory?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820146845

I just bought the DDR Booster from OCZ, so I can really crank the voltage with some nice clean power. I also have the ABit IC7-G MAX2 Mobo to go with it, and the same processor that I am currently using (P4 2.4c). Cant afford a new processor right now, so please dont tell me to upgrade that. Read some articles, and the best way to get the best OC (obviously) is to get the highest speed ram you can. Any suggestions?

Yeah, I'm totally going to hit some crazy speeds with it! I just want some final input before I put down the dough. If there is any better memory out there that I should get or not, or should I just go with this ram.

Nubius will be proud :D

Anyways, that looks like some really great RAM. I've only got PC3200 myself, but I don't see any need to upgrade.

I think that RAM uses Hynix D5 chips (according to XtremeSystems). It turns out the the D5s usually work better on Intel systems than TCCD does, so I would go for the RAM you picked.

Excellent, the mor reviews I got from the high posters the better I feel about getting it! Keep them comming, put all my anxiety to rest!

BDub: how are those HyperX sticks? I was contemplating them, but I'm not sure. They dont seem fast enough. What is your opinion on them?

Good RAM. I was going to recommend OCZ PC3200 Platinum Rev. 2, but then I realized your RAM is going to be PC4000. Good call man.

I got alot of recommendations for the Plat 2's over at XS, but I decided I want super fast RAM that i can OC the hell out of! Now I'm looking into modded bios for my mobo and volt mods. Someone stop me before I go poor replacing all the things I break! :p

Him said:
Excellent, the mor reviews I got from the high posters the better I feel about getting it! Keep them comming, put all my anxiety to rest!

BDub: how are those HyperX sticks? I was contemplating them, but I'm not sure. They dont seem fast enough. What is your opinion on them?

I'm not a serious overclocker....so I don't really know how far I could push them. I just got them because of the low latencies, and because everybody suggested them to me (I was a noob at the time). I personally would suggest the Corsair XMS series, but OCZ is good too. Nubius hates Corsair for some reason.

He hates Corsair because everyone over at XS hates Corsair, but that is enough reason for me to hate Corsair as well. :)

Since your not an overclocker, Corsair would do you fine. They are one of those companies that stock, their stuff works awsome. But when you try to mod it (overclock) it tends not to work as well.

And why the hell did you change your avatar? The other one was so cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom