+12v line voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah if it was truly 10.8 , it wouldn't be runnin I'd think...not anywhere stable assuming it even could boot.

Try speedfan to monitor voltages though if it's showing those numbers in the BIOS chances are it'll show that in speedfan too.

what psu? if its the ultra x-connect 500w that waht i have and it has made my pc crash a few times from insufficeint 12v to the video cards =/
Hmm really? I woulda figured it would have handled it no problems. Maybe your rails are fine, but simply the wattage is too low and you need like 600w or so for that system. My thermaltake 560w has 22a on the +12v compared to the ultra having 35w and I've had like 13 fans, 4hd's, 2 optical drives, overclocked CPU, RAM, and vid card and the PSU has never gone below 11.9

i didnt read get those numbers from bios i got them from mbm5. its actually very consistent, every time i check its always at 10.83 never varies even a little bit. ill try checking in my bios and see what i get.

i looked in my bios and it doesnt have any place where it shows this information. i have a lot of stuff running in my pc but i dont think it should be that low. my pc seems to run very well and i dont crash or have any problems like that i was just wondering if my psu could be hurting my performance and if it was limiting my overclocking abilities. if i can get more performance from my pc just from changing the psu i would be glad to.

i didnt read get those numbers from bios i got them from mbm5.
I know you didn't, I'm saying IF it showed those same numbers in the BIOS as well, then speedfan would more than likely show them, meaning you need to verify mbm5 with the BIOS

ok i overclocked slightly higher to a 225 fsb and raised my voltages a little now mbm5 shoes my 12v at 11.22. i thought this would go down if i did that but i was wrong. does this help at all.

ok aida 32 shows my 12v at 12.22. should i trust aida32 or average it out with mbm5? i wanna be able to tell if my psu is limiting my ocing.

no clue, seems like you're getting bad readings so it's hard to tell which program to trust. Obviously MBM5 can't be right because if it was down at 11.22 and you had your FSB OC'd to 225 then more than likely your computer wouldn't even want to boot.

All you can really do is keep pushing it until you absolutely can't get it stable

EDIT: Dont forget while raising the FSB unless you have your memory divider set to clock the RAM lower your RAM is getting OC'd which will require dimm voltage, and loosening of timings

ive got my dimm voltage at +.1 volts higher and im trying to get as far as i can while still keeping my timings tight. i overclocked higher before but loosened the timings down to around 2.5-3-3-8 or something like that, i dont remeber exactly, and i was getting better performance with the tighter timings at lower clock speeds. ill play with it a little though.

and i was getting better performance with the tighter timings at lower clock speeds. ill play with it a little though.
That's the trick for RAM, you gotta find the sweet spot between a high FSB and timings. Too loose of timings at say 235FSB and it'd be no better than 220FSB with tighter timings.

Just remember the cas latency and cycle time (first and last number) effect stability more than bandwidth, so 2.5 and 3 doesn't make a huge difference in bandwidth and even if you went to like 3-3-3-11, that 11 wouldn't kill your bandwidth either.

Here's my readings:

12v: High 12.10 | Low 11.80 | Average 12.00
5v: High 5.21 | Low 5.03 | Average 5.10
3.3v: High 3.41 | Low 3.26 | Average 3.37

Pretty good, average, or bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom