+12v line voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

jblaze725

In Runtime
MBM5 shows my +12v line at 10.83v. From what i understand this is pretty bad. Is this really bad and what affect would this have on my system. My psu is an Antec sl400 400 watt psu. I was thinking about getting the thermaltake w0014 480 watt psu. Is this a good psu and what differences I can expect from the change?

That's pretty bad. Is that just at idle too?

I was thinking about getting the thermaltake w0014 480 watt psu
I have that power supply. It has been pretty good. Has a fan controller so you can keep the noise down OK. Nothing to write home about either. Things I would of liked would have been:

More SATA power connectors (it only has one)
A 24 pin power adapter to come with it
More amps on the 12v. It has 18, but if I had it to do over I would of gone beefier.

Also there are module ones, so you only plug in the power cables you need. Would be really nice for organization.

Overall though, for the price it has been very solid.

yeah its kid of odd because ive heard this is a good power supply i have maybe mbm5 is reporting incorrect numbers. are there any other more accurate programs i could use to check or is a multimeter necessary? also could this be limiting my ocing potential because i dont seem to be able to go very high and i have adequate cooling? what would be your recommendations for a replacement psu?

what psu? if its the ultra x-connect 500w that waht i have and it has made my pc crash a few times from insufficeint 12v to the video cards =/

It will be your motherboard not reading them right instead of MBM.

My a8v is off half a volt

holy crap...my computer wont even boot at 11.67v (on the 12v) how do you run 10.8v?!?! it must be a bad reading...i've never been able to boot my PC stable under 11.75v on the 12v.

If your computer is stable then it's probably fine and there's no real problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom