128MB 9800 pro vs 256mb 9600Xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

cell567

In Runtime
Ok i am simply posting this post becuz i wana kno if there is a big diff between these 2 cards. The games that i wuld be playing r cs,diabloII,war craft III, Command and Conquer Generals,A few sports games. I wana know becuz if i wuld get a 256mb 9600xt..i wuld be saving a lil over 100dollarz on my system config.

I think you will find the 9800 would be the faster card still cause if you compared the 9600 256mb or 9600 128mb you get only a few frames a second more. So i think you find the 9800 would be alot faster and graphic detailed.

i agree but i dont know how much difference it would make in the games you listed, probably not a lot.

the 256 mb isn't really that important by today's standards...none of today's games need that extra 128, but maybe by the time Half Life 2 FINALLY comes out, it would be worth it

Yeah, go for the radeon 9800. It's much better, plus it has newer pixel shaders and more pipelines.

yea the 256 is just a way for video card companies to make more money, just because there's more of it doesn't mean it'll work better, there's actually no noticable difference by the eye, benchmarking yes... .3-1.0 fps of difference testing the same card from 128->256mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom