128GBs RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like crappy ram, but it get's the job done.

But that is seriously a lot of RAM. I've never seen so much before. It's like a city down there.

Well ****, You got putting that much ram in a PC you'd pay for a high end pc alone just in brand ram.

bahh that's nothin :p

At my university we have a Dell supercomputer for doing CFD (computational fluid dynamics) and it has 25 nodes with 2 dual core Xeons and 8gb in each node

That's 50 processors (100 cores) and 200gb ram ;) Still takes ages for a simulation apparently though...I haven't used it yet but should be working with it next year.

well the bottleneck there is the network latency, even if they are on a closed network. that machine has all of that stuff connected together locally, so it would probably be faster in some respects.

How would they cool this system? My guess, is having the whole room air conditioned.

Looks like crappy ram, but it get's the job done.

But that is seriously a lot of RAM. I've never seen so much before. It's like a city down there.

Server RAM doesn't come with fancy heat-spreaders. It looks like Hynix RAM. One of the biggest RAM manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom