120mm Radiator Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would depend on what radiator you have. Some radiators work better with low CFM fans, others with high CFM.

Great choice. That site does mention that it was designed for low speed fans. They actually got their description from XSPC's own site:
XSPC - Performance PC Cooling
The RX360 has been designed and optimised for low speed fans so it can offer high performance cooling at very low noise levels.

And this review over at XS(for the RX120, but I'm sure the others from RX series will be similar), proves that it shines with low speed:
Test Report: XSPC RX120 - XtremeSystems Forums

To recommend some fans, I would suggest either:

Petra's Tech Shop - Yate Loon D12SL-12
Petra's Tech Shop - Scythe SFF21E S-FLEX
Petra's Tech Shop - Silverstone FN121

Great choice. That site does mention that it was designed for low speed fans. They actually got their description from XSPC's own site:
XSPC - Performance PC Cooling

And this review over at XS(for the RX120, but I'm sure the others from RX series will be similar), proves that it shines with low speed:
Test Report: XSPC RX120 - XtremeSystems Forums

To recommend some fans, I would suggest either:

Petra's Tech Shop - Yate Loon D12SL-12
Petra's Tech Shop - Scythe SFF21E S-FLEX
Petra's Tech Shop - Silverstone FN121

Thanks a lot, I appreciate that... I guess out of the three which one would you say had the "edge"

*EDIT*
blucube said:
Thanks a lot, I appreciate that... I guess out of the three which one would you say had the "edge"
Out of the three, I would recommend the Scythe S-FLEX. It has the better airflow/noise ratio out of list too. I own two of the lower speed D versions at 800rpms, and they are super quiet.

I have these:
Petra's Tech Shop - Scythe SFF21D S-FLEX (800rpm)

Yate loons are a good choice. I had three 70cfm fans on my triple rad. I owned S-flexes too and they are nice and quiet but more expensive.

Ah, good one thirdshift. I forgot about the price point of the S-FLEXes.

blucube, if you don't have the extra $40 to spend on those S-FLEXes, go for the Yate Loons.

The Yates are a great budget option.

Been using some of the same fans on my case that I bought when I first went water cooling 3 years ago.

Some of my other fans are the fans that come stock on Lian Li cases which I got a deal on. 8 of them for $15 shipped. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom