1.55v++ E8400

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya i just realized that made no sense at all.. hahaha

but... whatever... lol i raed something that wasnt there.. im' a sleepy man that went into work w/ about 2.5 hours of sleep... haha

some reason i thought there was mentioning of the yorkfields.... which is why i sold my q6600.. lol

lol.. i reread that... and should be changed to... "which is why i got rid of mine for money"

and anyway, completely off topic! deadmau5 is gonna be playing in cali again soon!!! i can't wait for that!!! and.... i wish i was 21.. because both benny benassi and dirty south are gonna be spinning at giant (i think its at the vanguard?) soon... i hate being 20! at least i'll get to see ATB this month :)

yep, that's correct. it's always the case with a die shrink that they have a lower voltage tolerance.

what frequency is your memory running at?

I have pc2 8500 i think, it can run at 1066, i was running it at 978, a 1:1 ratio

Also i have an ASUS hd 3870, it was running realy hot without an oveclock i dont know how acurate an ati overdrive is but it says 53 degrees at idle. is there any other more accurate temp moniters that i can use because i dont like those temps

53 is a good temp for any video card... video cards are allowed to run much hotter than cpu's

you should see the 2900xt's... those ran something that of 60 at idle.... and my old 8800gtx also ran at 60 idle

ohh ok, i really didnt know that, thanks im not worried anymore.

Anyways i did buy the E8400 because of the hype
I should have got the q6600 it was only 20 bucks more
ohh well, ill get this thing stable at 4Ghz and see what happens

bah... in real life situations you'll notice the e8400 doing much better.. because not enough programs are even multi-threaded to utilize the q6600 anyway... don't worry about it

you guys must be unlucky. at 4ghz, i was at 1.34vcore. and i got 1000 point bump in 3dmark

but yeah, i would not feel comfortable running at 1.55. I got to 4.5ghz at 1.46 and I was starting to worry. So just be careful.

and what is your vid?

When you got your E8400 at 4.5 what were your other settings at in Extreme tweaker

lol... everytime i saw that on my old asus p5n32e sli i'd always think of a horrible druggie... haha

and preacher... imo... ithink itll be a while before any standard program becomes multi threaded...let alone 4 core threaded..but the day that happens... we'll have our 6 and 8 core cpu's anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom