1.55v++ E8400

Status
Not open for further replies.
i haven't heard of an identified "hard limit" and there rarely is one. common sense and the individual chip dictates what a safe voltage is. the lifespan of your processor when you over volt it is all up to you :p

1.55v is too high in my humble opinion though. i can't see these new 45nm chips needing more than 1.4v really. at a guesstimate i'd say anything over 1.45v and you're significantly shortening the lifespan of your CPU. that is really a guess as i do not have enough hands on experience to make an accurate judgement. 1.36v is odd seeing as my Q6600 is specced for 1.35v.

haha, nothing over 1.45. :D I went to 1.46 for a little while to make it to 4.5ghz. I guess it is ok if you dont run too long. Like suicide runs.

Yeah, I just get worried because I dont know if the dag on temp sensors are correct. It is hard to watch temps if they are wrong.

Thats pretty high for daily use. I guess everyone is expecting miracle clocks from these chips. Kind of like how I did for mine. Don't be disappointed it'll still be over or equal to 4ghz

ya the q6600 technically has more over clocking potential then these chips to if your going from 2.4ghz to 3.8 thats a 1.4ghz oc while the e8400 only does a 1.4ghz oc for suicide runs. at speeds of 3.8 and 4.0 its allready so fast that your not going to notice any speed diference. people buying the e8400 for 4.0 over clcoks over a 3.8 q6600 just want to say theyve reached 4.0ghz. i say its a big headed thing lol, especialy with all the trouble everyoen is going to to get these chips like buyign a new mobo that will support it and hunting for the chip. all this for maybe a 5fps increase at most in games. im sorry to say but i have to laff at all of you who purchased these e8400 in hopes that theyd be much faster then the q6600. when none of you are acheiving the 4.5 ghz clocks shown on reviews on the internet.

Its true. These chips aren't what they were all hyped up to be. Seems that most people are having trouble ocing them. I'm not gonna say it..............ok maybe I will. Should of gotten a quad.

I am ok with mine. Thats what I get for buyin sometin really fast. Its cool though, I plan on getting the nehalem anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom