Which 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic7o2

Beta member
I'm building a computer specifically for playing WOW. I have 2 accounts and I'm gonna dual log. QUestion is what do you guys recommend in me doing I can either go 1 gb DDR2 ( double the bandwith than regular DDR ) and 1 PCI-Express card. My other option is of course 1 gb DDR-400 but with SLI ( combing 2 PCI-express cards. ANyone got any guesses as to which one would work best?

Dont' bother with SLI. Just get one pci-e card and make is a powerful one. I would recommend the x850 xt platinum edition.

dale5605 said:
Dont' bother with SLI. Just get one pci-e card and make is a powerful one. I would recommend the x850 xt platinum edition.

wouldn't everyone want a x850xt pe :D

well WOW isn't very graphic demanding (my friend has a fx5200 and runs wow smoothly) so i don't think he'd need a very good card

Don't bother with the x850XT, too much money for too little performance in my opinion. The x800XL is a much better card for the money.

And memory depends entirely on your CPU platform. If you've got an LGA775 Intel, you're stuck with DDR2, and if you've got an AMD Athlon 64, you're limited to DDR. In my opinion, DDR is cheaper and has been proven to rival and in some cases outperform DDR2. It's more cost effective than DDR2, but DDR2 is no doubt the inveitable future.

Just get a normal 1GB of pc3200 DDR, dont bother with DDR2 since DDR can still go at higher speeds... And get a board with Dual channel, So possibly a socket 939 motherboard, and just one PCI-e card.. SLI is still buggy.... WoW isnt very demanding at all, my friends play it on my computer a lot... and i have a 9200SE with 512 megs of ram...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom