1:1 devider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh0r_ty

Daemon Poster
basically im just wondering why everyone sais its so much better to have 1:1? cos i can either have 2.3ghz and ddr460 1:1 OR 2.73 ddr456 (i think its 6 might be somthing else) with bios set to 333 (not sure what devider it is)
which is better?

In your case the second option is better. But with better RAM you could go farther at 1:1 and overall performance would increase.

BTW, you have HTT at 270x5? I thought you were suppose to keep HTT around 1000, but I am not that familiar with AMD OC'ing :confused:

Having a 1:1 divider is not necessary. It will not improve performance by much. This is true only for Athlon 64 systems however. They love timings and are kind of but not totally indifferent to bandwith.

For P4s, a 1:1 divider is a must.

If your HTT is like 300+ in an AMD64 and your RAM is running at 280MHz....at that point a 1:1 divider doesn't mean crap....it's mainly older systems like socket A where you had to have a 400FSB CPU and PC3200 RAM to match....AMD64's are default 200HTT which is PC3200 which it'd be pointless to not have it 1:1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom