Need help with my first build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarplyrstevo

In Runtime
As I've mentioned before in previous forums, I need a motherboard that will work well with an Intel E6600 and future overclocking. My main goal for this computer is not for gaming, but for a digital home entertainment system, so I will be using an EVGA 7900GT, Creative X-Fi, TV tuner (not exactly sure on the card yet) and to top it all off, a Viewsonic VX2025wm.

Anyways, I have been reading about Intel Viiv Technology, and have been wondering if that would benefit me? Many motherboards I have been looking at do not mention anything about Intel Viiv technology and I would like to know why high-end built computers do not come with it. Also if there are any alternatives to Viiv technology, please let me know. Keep in mind I will be doing gaming on the computer, but my main goal for the computer is supposed to be for a digital entertainment system in my room.
Thanks

I don't think your quite understanding what viiv is, from what i gather its no more than a computer that meats intel's "Viiv" standards for home entertainment. Its not a particular program or a motherboard that allows for this technology.

So stick with the e6600, its a great processor especially for multi-tasking and home entertainment. As for suggestions for the motherboard i would look into a asus p5w dh, or asus p5b deluxe.

You might want to look into windows media center edition, i don't really have a lot of experience with it, but from what i hear its pretty home entertainment oriented.

Well, if you are going to use this for a home studio. I would get a ati 1950pro. One with vivo so you can capture and use your computer as a television and don't have to but a tv tuner. Also since you are doing some gaming the a x1950 pro would be perfect for you. I am not the biggest tech person but you want to go with that. The e6600 is a great choice. Very very powerfull and much better that amd right now. A great mobo to go with is the ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP Socket T. One of the best for a great price. Also what is your price range. If you want the best ram get some xms2 crosshair ddr2-800. everything else looks good. links are at the bottom

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131025
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814131027
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145590

Also a great psu that wont break the bank - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817128002

I have no idea why you need a c2d for a media center pc, in some cases a p3 will stream video and audio.

I think a amd 3500venice 1gb of ram would be plenty.

but if want the grapics card to be a 7900gt then get a asus p5w dh, or asus p5b deluxe. Like he said.

Yeah but he also wants to play games so it would be great for him to go the little father. Also it makes this machine great for years to come. You know vista is coming out in a few mothes and in a year- 2 years Xp will be usless. So try to get something great now or aleast something you can upgrade from. The e6600 is one of the best cards. Atleast get a e6300.

ThirdLeft152 said:
I don't think your quite understanding what viiv is, from what i gather its no more than a computer that meats intel's "Viiv" standards for home entertainment. Its not a particular program or a motherboard that allows for this technology.

So stick with the e6600, its a great processor especially for multi-tasking and home entertainment. As for suggestions for the motherboard i would look into a asus p5w dh, or asus p5b deluxe.

You might want to look into windows media center edition, i don't really have a lot of experience with it, but from what i hear its pretty home entertainment oriented.

Oh I understand. This whole time i thought that there was an actual chip in the motherboard that has a whole entertainment center on it. I am looking into the ASUS P5W DH DELUXE, and I will look into the Windows Media Center Edition.

lancec2c30 said:
I have no idea why you need a c2d for a media center pc, in some cases a p3 will stream video and audio.

I think a amd 3500venice 1gb of ram would be plenty.

What is c2d? Also I think I'm going to go with 2gb of ram because every computer I have ever bought, I have always had problems with ram so I'm going to take the extra step and just go with 2gbs.

Cd2 = Core 2 duo the brand of prossesor you are getting. And that is a brand a viiv. Also media center 2005 is a great buy for you aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom