Sound card vs Onboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres a good example. I just got a new computer.

I have onboard 7.1 sound on my Biostar 965PT and I thought it would be good. I listen to music alot and I couldnt tell in my RPG's. Yet when I loaded up winamp I was like ewww. I came from just a 5.1 Sound Blaster Audigy SE with 96khz sample rate and 24-bit.

I figured since I only paid 30 bucks for this card at walmart about a year ago that it wouldnt compare to brand new onboard. Yet its only 96khz sample rate and It blows onboard 7.1 away on a NEW chipset.

If your a gamer and play games that have high quality demanding games with loads of sounds like Bf2142 or so then i suggest going for this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16829102011

24-Bit and 192khz sample rate 7.1 audio

Not only will high quality sounds such as MP3's or BF2142 be noticibly different, as stated it will take the strain off your mobo to your sound card increasing your FPS. I would get that card for 50 bucks or get this one for only 30 bucks. I own the 25 buck 5.1 one and it destroys my 7.1 onboard in Mp3's and BF.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102010

I highly recomend a cheap good sound card over onboard ANY day.

Your old sound blaster live is about as good as your onboard and both will offer ok enough sound but Im just saying if you were to get the Sound Blaster Audigy SE i posted I can tell you from experience and having it for over a year now that it make a huge difference than my brand new onboard 7.1.

I mean comon its only 25 bucks.

Ok the sound quality is better but does it have more bass? Im thinking about the $25 one and i usually jam out pretty good i listen to alot of rock and some rap. So will the sound card offer more bass and clearer tone?

I listen to mostly death metal and thrash and punk rock and i've never said "i need more bass" Everything seems great on it.

Yeah you can adjust bass with alot of soundcards. Usually when you install the drivers, you can adjust the sample rate, treble, bass, mids ect. through a program it gives you also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom