RAID installing woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put the drive back in and go into the bios and make sure the drive is listed. Set the first boot device as cd rom. load windows, let your raid arrary and install midnows. csel = cable select which means that the master and salve drives are determined by their position on the cable. Mater is the farest away from the mobo and slave is closest.

DannyITR said:
CSEL would probably mean Cable Select?
rofl yeah i actually just thought of that in the shower this morning. im really slow. it took me an entire day to figure that out

anyway, yes the BIOS sees my CD drive but it doesn't spin up even when it's set as the first device in boot priority. it just gives me that stupid error message!!!! omg my computer is broke forever now isnt it?? i have no idea what im even doing wrong. every cable is hooked up! i didn't even mess with anything except the SATA cables when i put in the new hard drives.... and it was working until i shut off my computer while i was in the partition making screen of windows install because the raptors weren't able to install windows on them for some reason or another...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom