Unable To Read Recordable Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcom

Beta member
Hi,

I have the HP dvd740 burner. When I put recordable HP blank DVD/CD's in the drive, it does not read it as a blank disk. When I put a movie DVD in the drive, it reads it just fine. This is why I am confused. I am unable to burn anything at all. I have Wndows XP and have looked everywhere on this forum and the internet and am unable to find out why this is happening. I have used the same recordable media dvd/cd's in my friends computer and it works fine, so I know it's not that. When I right click on the HP drive, select properties, and go to the General Tab where it shows you the recordable disk information, it just shoes o bytes all the way across the board.

Somebody please help me. I have had this problem way too long and have tried troubleshooting everything I could. Basically, Windows XP is not reading the recordable disk. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Nero drivers many times with no luck. Thanks!

Volcom said:
Hi,

I have the HP dvd740 burner. When I put recordable HP blank DVD/CD's in the drive, it does not read it as a blank disk. When I put a movie DVD in the drive, it reads it just fine. This is why I am confused. I am unable to burn anything at all. I have Wndows XP and have looked everywhere on this forum and the internet and am unable to find out why this is happening. I have used the same recordable media dvd/cd's in my friends computer and it works fine, so I know it's not that. When I right click on the HP drive, select properties, and go to the General Tab where it shows you the recordable disk information, it just shoes o bytes all the way across the board.

Somebody please help me. I have had this problem way too long and have tried troubleshooting everything I could. Basically, Windows XP is not reading the recordable disk. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Nero drivers many times with no luck. Thanks!

hmm have you checked HP's site to see if there is a firmware upgrade for the drive ?

sometimes that helps
other then that , I am not sure at this moment. (a bit tired right now LOL)

The drive is not toast and I don't need a new one. I already exchanged the drives as I thought that was the problem at first, it wasn't. Same thing is happening. I also had the same problem when I had a CD/RW Samsung drive. So it has to do something with my computer, but I don't know what it is.

same problem

I am having the same problem with my Samsung TS-H552U drive. Did you ever find a fix? Mine will read blank cd's however just not blank dvd's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom