The Deal with Hardware Profiles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eesotereh

In Runtime
I was under the assumption that creating one could create different hardware profiles to tweak for different needs. So I wanted to create profiles for DAW use and/or gaming. I went ahead and started tweaking this hardware profile and disabled windows services, disabled startup progs, background progs, disabled drivers for devices, removed wallpaper, turned off screensavers, visual candy crap, etc only to log into the "regular" profile and find that it looked exactly like this tweaked profile with all the things i needed in that profile disabled.

so what gives?

the only thing i could have thought the problem is, is me using the system default "adminstrator" as a profile rather then creating 2 separate profiles with adminstrator privalleges and tweaking from there.

As far as I know Hardware Profiles are only useful for laptops in "docked" and "undocked" situations. I have never heard of using them on a desktop before.

yea the idea sort fo started in the DAW (digital audio workstation) world. but i myself am not even to sure about it

Hardware profiles only work on hardware. NIC's, drives, etc. Not software or programs. You need to use Group Policy editor for that.

Group Policy editor, ok cool. But is there any programs that don't require xp pro? I have home ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom