AMD or Intel Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schinanigans

Beta member
I'm trying to decide on a laptop to purchase, I want great graphics and gaming performance. The problem is that I don't know that much about computer hardware, and I need to decide whether to purchase an AMD or Intel based CPU. The majority of sites out there say that AMD is better, but I would really like to hear what people think after comparing my two options specifically, thanks!

AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 Dual Core Processor, 2GB Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz - 2 x 1GB, nVIDIA nForce4 SLI, 2 x 100GB Serial ATA 7,200 RPM RAID-0, Dual NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX PCI Express 512MB DDR3 w/ Digital and TV Out

Versus:

Intel Core 2 Duo T7600 2.33GHz 4MB L2 Cache 667MHz FSB, 3GB Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz - 1 x 2GB / 1 x 1GB, Intel 945PM PCI-Express Chipset, 100GB Serial ATA 7,200 RPM, NVIDIA Quadro FX Go 2500M PCI Express 512MB DDR3 w/ Digital and TV Out

The AMD one has dual video cards-that would give it the edge in gaming. Plus the Intel one you've listed, for whatever reason, has a Quadro video card. Quadros are great for 3D Modeling and stuff but not that good at gaming.

No, definitely do not listen on talldude on this one. If you want gaming performance, the 7950 GTX(1st laptop) is the way to go. Like jorsoft said, the quadro is a vid card for like 3D modeling, ps, etc, not made for gaming. So even though the 2nd one has 1GB more of ram, I'd say go with the 1st choice with the 7950GTX, it will run games much better, and 2GB is a good ammount of RAM.

go with the AMD setup...

AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-60 Dual Core Processor,
2GB Dual Channel DDR2 at 667MHz - 2 x 1GB,
nVIDIA nForce4 SLI, 2 x 100GB Serial ATA 7,200 RPM RAID-0,
Dual NVIDIA GeForce Go 7950 GTX PCI Express 512MB DDR3 w/ Digital and TV Out

All around better for gaming... the only advantage the INTEL would have is the CPU performance... the extra ram would not make much difference yet, and the video in the AMD is MUCH better for gaming.
The INTEL does have a C2D in it, which would out perform the AMD, but I think the choice here is clear..

You shouldn' t be picking your laptop by the CPU. The Video card is much more important if you're gaming.

Even though the Intel Core 2 Duo is faster than the AMD Turion X2, the 7950 will still run much faster than the Quadro.

Gaming - get AMD system

Development - get Intel system

Well.. there is also a GeForce Go 7950 GTX PCI Express 512MB DDR3 option for the Intel laptop, so what it comes down to is whats more important... having 1 more gig of RAM or having those dual graphics?

Dual graphics I'd say. If you're playing games graphics are the key component to consider. They'll make the biggest difference in performance.

Yeah, get the AMD.

But that doesn't mean that the AMD processor is better than the Intel processor, it means that the rest of the AMD computer is way better than the rest of the Intel computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom