Norton Internet Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

philb101

In Runtime
I have NIS 2004 installed on my Win 2000 Pro PC, when logged on I frequently get a "Program Control" window opening informing me
"High risk, A remote system is attempting to acces your computer,
Protocol ICMP(Inbound), varying remote addresses & various meesages ie/ Time exceede for a Datagram(11), Echo request etc"
I always Block as recommended & tick the Always use this action box
Has anyone else experienced the same occurance, its very frustrating & I don't know how to get rid of the message being reported regularly
Thanks for any help

Yeah, I get the same thing. Mine mostly comes from an IP within my network (I'm on a multiple T1 connection at my apartment). Personally I like to see who's trying to get into my computer, so I don't mind all the popups, but if you really want to get rid of the popups, go into the NIS, and turn off the option to notify you upon intrusion attempt.

I don't have the exact menu structure to get to it because I'm at work, but I'll look it up and get it to you later.

Will have a look at that thanks,
Mine is a home PC though I do have another PC networked to it but that PC is not always on & I still get the messages when that PC is off

yeah, some things it could come from are servers trying to access some adware on your system, or an acutal hacker that for some odd reason decided you were his next target.

I'd run an adware/virus scan and see if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom