Sound card vs Onboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan III

Baseband Member
I am getting the BIOSTAR TForce6100-939 Micro ATX motherboard, and am curious as to if its integrated sound or an old sound blaster Live sound card would be best? I have a sound blaster live in my old machine but I don't want to use it if its not as good as the newer onboard sound.

Biostar sound specs:
Audio Chipset: Realtek ALC655
Audio Channels: 6 Channels

Vs

Sound blaster live (specs)

I don't think you would be able to tell the difference, unless you're an audiophile. But why not use the sound card, with the new motherboard? I use that onboard sound too, and it's good.

The integrated sound in any nforce-based board is going to be roughly the same thing as a Sound Blaster Live!. The real difference is when you install a card with a dedicated sound processing chip like an Audigy 2 or an X-Fi. The sound is much better and the load is taken off of your computer's processor so gaming performance is slightly better.

or if you happen you know get your computer slightly wet in snow and your ownboard sound is messed up this is also a good reason to get an dedicated sound card.

Get an Audigy 2 ZS.

AC97 (onboard sound) is terrible and has extremely high latency.

Short. It sounds terrible.

Lord AnthraX said:
Get an Audigy 2 ZS.

AC97 (onboard sound) is terrible and has extremely high latency.

Short. It sounds terrible.
Ya it does AC97 sucks. I crank up the jams and its starts getting distorted and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom