Biostar 965PT OC problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora

Renowned Budgeting Master
Now I have one of these an E6300, Arctic Cooler, and some good ram that can run at around DDR-1100 if needed. I want to OC very high since I know I hardware I have CAN do it. Only problem Is I can't get past around 2.52ghz becuase of a fsb:dram ratio problem. I've already read about it and these BIOS dont have a direct FSB : DRAM ratio option in them. When i use 360x7 in my bios and boot it up the ram runs at around 530mhz CPU-Z says becuase its a 2:3 ratio. I cannot go any higher becuase my RAM tops out at around 540mhz (which is **** good for a cheap 1gb stick of ddr2-800)

I have manually set my ram at 533 and my fsb at 266 and it booted up at 1:1 in CPU-Z. Yet when i set it to 333 FSB and 667 RAM It wont even POST. What is the problem??

Please someone, I bought this sytem with High OC's in mind yet I cant even get past 2.5? How Do i go about getting a 1:1 ratio with my RAM set at at least DDR2-800 to begin with.

not too familiar with conroes, though just from reading...
leave ram set at 533 and see how high you can push up the fsb with it set there.
on my mobo there is no way to set ram divider either...i think somehow it is set when i manually change the speed of my ram (800 to 667 mhz for example).
also, dumb question maybe, but did you adjust the voltage at all on the cpu and ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom