Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas not working because of Monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazy_taco

In Runtime
I recently bought GTA:SA for PC, and when I try and run the game (after installation) my monitor (Hanns·G JW-199DPO) goes black and a little box in the middle of my screen says "OUT OF RANGE." I'm guessing it has something to do with refresh rates not being supported by my monitor (60-75hz). The game is still running, and my computer is fine, but my monitor refuses to show the video. I can switch out of the game (alt-tab) and everything will come back to life. Someone please give me a hand! :'(

Here is some display specs in case you need it. I copied and pasted them from dxdiag.txt

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 7600 GS
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0392&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A1
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.9147 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/11/2006 20:42:52, 4496128 bytes

Windows XP Media Center 2005 SP2
AMD Athlon 3500+

Right-click on the shortcut to the game, go to compatibility settings, click "run on 640*480".

Change the settings for resolution in the game, then Exit.

Remove compatibility settings and launch the game.

talldude123 said:
Right-click on the shortcut to the game, go to compatibility settings, click "run on 640*480".

Change the settings for resolution in the game, then Exit.

Remove compatibility settings and launch the game.

It still comes up with the Out of Range.

EDIT: and I do pass the recommended system requirements with flying colors.

I figured it out. MY monitor doesn't support 800x600 or lower-.-'

The default video setting for GTASA is 800x600. The only config or settings file I could find in the directories was gta_sa.set in my documents, and when I open it with notepad its just a bunch of jubbllies. Any ideas?

This happened to my brother, I couldnt change config to get it right, so i Got another monitor set the graphics and then hooked the other one up and it worked

I SOLVED IT!

Well I solved it!

I waited untill I heard the menu come up, i pressed print screen, swapped into PS and kept pasting screenshots of the menus untill I was able to navigate to the settings page and turn the resolution to 1400x900! woot. :p

That is strange that your monitor does not support 800x600 graphics, considering that is the default resolution for... everything.

I have the same problem when I try to go too high, I cannot go above 1024x768. Its not a big deal to me though, since that is my preffered windows and game resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom