Graphics Cards : Clueless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infernoduke2006

Beta member
I have an Advent T9400 p.c 3.4Ghz pentium 4 HT, 1Gb DDR ram, and a Geforce FX5700LE 256mb graphics card. I really need to upgrade the graphics card but dont no how to go about doing it, or what card to buy (looking for something roughly 200€) or what specs my computer has in depth, like pci express etc, power, fans etc, can anyone help?

i would suggest a 7800 GTX for your price range. its a very good card and will play all the latest games, but maybe not at the very highest setting. near highest though :]]

you power supply should be atleast 450 watt, no need to buy extra fans if you dont plan to overclock it (which i dont think you do), it takes one PCI-express slot.

You mean 7800 GS, they dont make GTX for agp. If you play games that have graphics on par with Half-Life 2, it would be ok. I ended up scraping my system that was similar to that and spending $650 on a system 10x better than that.

oh im sorry my bad. i hope he didn't buy it :X i assumed pci-express since he said it, even though he was saying he didn't know if he had it. it just stuck in my mind :[[ sorry again

Yeah thats why I said its not worth getting a new video card for a old system like that. Getting like 60 fps in hl2 which is a fairly old game, isnt the best. Sell what you got and save up for a new pc is what I reccomend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom