laptop wont load windows xp!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aziankingz

Beta member
Hi,

I have a compaq presario notebook v5119 that i bought brand new in april 2006. As far as i know, there were no viruses on the computer (none that kaspersky has detected) and use noadware and adaware for spyware. As i was playing an online game (counter-strike), the game loaded and i started to play in a server. the screen froze, so i restarted. after restarting, i tried to play again and the same thing happened. I held down the power key to restart the laptop. This time it didnt restart as normal. It loads the normal inital screen and then loads the screen for safe mode, safe mode with networking, start windows normally, etc. When I click either options, the windows xp logo screen comes up, but does not load the operating system fully, i get a flash of the blue screen when trying to load xp and restarts the laptop again. It is very frustrating bc this laptop is less than a year old and when i called HP they said its my harddrive, I got a case number to order a new harddrive, but never called me back about it and its been a week already! Just wondering if anyone knows what the problem is.

Thanks

I would use retore function first ( I presume that Compaq has that feature?) Calling some guy in Inida to tell you your hard drive is toast is not a good way of trouble shooting that desktop. The BSOD indiactes that your drivers are corrupted. If you do not have a restore funtion, go into SAFE mode and then roll XP back to a previous date like last week some time(System Restore Point). Otherwise you need to do a fresh install of XP>

Rico, thanks for your quick reply.

The thing is; windows xp doesnt start at all. I only see the windows xp logo screen followed by the blue screen, then restarts the laptop to the safe mode options screen again. It seems as though I have no OS or harddrive. The only menus I am able to get to is the f11 and f12 once the laptop loads.

PS. Those tech support guys from India do not understand anything i am saying..as if they are reading words from a computer screen..always trying the same sales pitch about their warranty.

It may be ur Hd but it doesnt sound like its crapping out on u, but errrors instead.
Since ur using Kaspersky try making a bootable disk from kaspersky off ur friend or somthin and run it on system boot and it will run a scan and delete any viruses. Just because ur kaspersky doesnt detect any viruses doesnt mean there arent any because IP adresses constanly connect and disconnect off computers without detection.

What kind of hd ar u using?I can give a sofware name built for specific HD's and it can replace any bad sectors.

i was also thinking of ur RAM, may also have errors which may cause ur system to freeze/crash. download microsoft memory test, or Memtest86 and also create a bootable floopy or CD and run it on system boot, just make sure that its free from curruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom