problems opening excel document

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello

in the last couple of days when i try to open an excel document, i get this installation message which informs me that

"The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not availabel.

Insert the "microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage' disk and click OK.

why did this happen all of a sudden, a few days back everything was working perfectly. i have misplaced my office xp, is there some sort of patch available on the net which will fix this problem?

Seems like you either haven't installed Excel XP, or somebody deleted it.

If you don't have the install disk, use OpenOffice. It works the same as MS Office, it's just free! No differences between them except for designers.

thanks for the reply talldude

the excel xp icon is still there, you think it could be a missing dll or something that got overwritten or deleted?

Your install files got deleted. That option is offered at the end of install and some folks do it to save a little disk space. But then something farts and you need them. Like this. I suggest google for office install files and see what you get.

thanks for the reply superdave

i installed the application many months back, so why would the install files have any effect on the functioning of excel.

this problem has happened in the past, and i want to understand how to prevent it. would it have been a user of the pc which would have caused it, or was it something that happened by itself.

i will google for the office install files

Have you downloaded any updates for Office? Do a search of your computer for a folder called msocache. It should be hidden. In there should be your MSI files. I don't know if you cvan get replacements off the web, but you may be able to borow a friend's copy of office XP and use it tog et them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom