Explorer 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

petris

Baseband Member
I upgraded to Explorer 7 and now I cannot view my temporary internet files. They are set up as hidden. I have gone through tools, folder options and view, have checked the circle that says "show hidden files"...and still nothing. Whats going on?

I'm not sure if it's a bug or by design, It's in the same spot it always was but it's hidden even with show hidden folders checked. If you open the C:/Documents and Settings/your user name/Local settings just add /Temporary Internet Files and it will open. ;)

No dice! Under Doc set/ user/ local settings/... there are two files. "Application data" and a "Temp" file. there are no files named "temporary internet files". I'm baffled. Is there a way to contact the programmers of Explorer 7?

copy and paste in the run box below

C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name Here\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5

example

C:\Documents and Settings\WarezMonster\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

Still no dice! There is one file there and it an "index DAT file". This is something else. It is the same way on two PCs. I'm ready to uninstall 7.

that is the correct location, I just checked my 4 computers and they all come up the same, whats the big deal anyways?

I would like to see what types of sites any of the users visit. Call it "parental oversight".

Well, people usually delete the history, or if they're smart like me, they have everything cleared as they exit the browser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom